ABOUT THE CONCERT
“I will carry the Light like a candle that shines in the night. I’ll be a beacon that’s burning bright, I will carry the light.”
The Detroit Children’s Choir is proud to present Be the Light, this year’s annual Spring Concert. On May 10, 2023, students from six Detroit Public Schools and our Saturday Civic Choir, representing children from the Tri-county area, will raise their voices in song. This year, more than 200 students each week have participated in DCC’s various choir programs. This concert is a culmination of a year’s worth of hard work and dedication from each of these young singers. Get your Tickets FREE HERE
Be the Light Spring Concert 2023
Wednesday, May 10, 2023, 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Triumph Church – East Campus
2760 E Grand Blvd
Detroit, MI 48211
Parking will be available behind the venue
- The Detroit Children’s Choir will provide T-shirts for the students as part of the uniform. Families are required to provide black pants/skirts for students.
- 1:00 p.m. – Students arrive and are organized by choir in venue seating
- 1:45 p.m. – Welcome from Artistic Director Eric Taylor
- 2:00 p.m. – Dress Rehearsal begins
- 4:00 p.m. – Notes from Artistic Director Eric Taylor
- 4:15 p.m. – Students, guest artists, staff, and volunteers break for provided dinner
- 6:00 p.m. – Students, guest artists, staff, and volunteers organize for performance
- 6:30 p.m. – Doors open for attendees
- 7:00 p.m. – Be the Light begins
- 8:30 p.m. – Be the Light ends
- 9:00 p.m. – Students leave with either guardians or school (depending on program. See Artistic Director Eric Taylor for details about your program)
VOLUNTEER SIGN UP
Parents, Grandparents, Aunts and Uncles, Neighbors, and Friends - WE NEED YOUR HELP!
We have more than 200 students from seven choirs coming together to perform. We need volunteers and chaperones to assist before and after the concert.
We have three shifts to accommodate different schedules: 12:00 - 4:00 PM, 3:00 to 7:00 PM, and 6:00 - 9:00 PM. Sign up for one, two, or ALL shifts! All volunteers are invited to join the students for dinner before the show.
Volunteer activities include:
- Set up for concert - registration table, signage, etc.
- Assisting in chaperoning the students throughout the event
- Dinner assistance (set up, serve, easy clean up)
- Usher guests to seats
- General clean up - make sure the church is left in order
- Contact us to sign up to volunteer or fill out form: