The Detroit Children's Choir Scholarship Fund provides financial support to young singers and their families for the purpose of increasing the accessibility to our civic choir programs. Scholarships are need based and are funded through private donations as well as funds granted by our community partners. As requests for scholarships greatly exceed our resources, we encourage parents to complete the application in total and meet deadline requirements for consideration.
To apply for full-year scholarship assistance for your child for the 2021-2022 Season, complete the online form (below).
If you have any questions pertaining to the scholarship application please contact the DCC at firstname.lastname@example.org or 313.444.7821.
By accepting a full-year or semester scholarship from the Detroit Children's Choir, all families agree to meet the following requirements:
- Tax Form 1040 on file - Please scan the first two pages of your most recent Tax Form 1040 and attach it as a PDF document to this scholarship application.
- A minimum $25.00 registration fee is required for all students regardless of scholarship.
- Signed payment plan for any balance outside of scholarship.
- Students who receive two unexcused absences (or four tardies) per semester may be placed on probation (causing the scholarship to be revoked).
- Students must sing in all required concerts for their assigned choir. Any absence (excused or unexcused) may result in the scholarship being revoked.
- Students must demonstrate positive behavior for all directors and classmates in all rehearsals.
- Parents must attend two required meetings (Fall Parent Orientation in September and Winter Meeting in January are mandatory).
- Parents must volunteer a minimum four hours of their time each semester to the Detroit Children's Choir.
- Deadline for scholarship requests is September 23, 2021 (Fall Semester or Full Year) and December 31, 2021 (Winter Semester).